Boys and Girls Secretaries
- - Receive expressions of interest vie email (email provided to you by club) or text/phone.
- - Respond to emails gathering information on player Date of birth, experience etc
- - Look at current teams and contact coach regarding additional players
- - Liaise with parents about training, games, coach contact, uniforms, fees and registrations.
- - Follow up with coach and parent one to two weeks later to ensure players are going ok.
BEGINNING OF THE SEASON
- - Discuss team selections with President/ Vice President and coaches
- - Create teams according to age and skill level
- - Hand over team sheet to coach and allow coach to contact players regarding training and games
- - If no coach available, liaise with parents on the team to try and secure a volunteer to take on coaching responsibility
- - Obtain copy of Working with Children’s Check (if parents don’t have one, guide them to obtaining a free WWCC)
- - During ‘grading’ touch base with coaches to ensure teams are in the correct division
- - Touch base with teams over the season to check the players and coaches are going ok.
- - Support treasurer in chasing up fees (alerting the coach/team representative)
- - Ensure player numbers are correct
- Update Teams on Dolphins Website
END OF SEASON
- - Contact coaches to complete returning player forms (player confirmation form)
- - Find out award winners (winter season only)
- - Contact coaches to see if they will continue to coach the following season